1.-15.Sorularda cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun
düşen kelime veya ifadeyi bulunuz
1) When Cholly went to buy a ticket, the salesman was
very ______. He insulted him with racial slurs
because he was black.
2) Emily Dickinson may have been psychologically
disturbed, but the ______ she has left on our
society is amazing.
3)White light is _______ of all visible wavelengths,
which can be divided into three primary-color bands,
red, green and blue.
4) Easing animal suffering is _______ worthwhile, so
take any suffering animal to a vet.
5)In the movie groups of wild birds attack people
wildly so as to _____ the human race.
6) I ______the radio, but upon noticing it was made
of cheap plastic, I ______not to.
A)purchased / had decided
B)would purchase / have decided
C)was going to purchase / decided
D)purchase / will decide
E)had purchased / would decide
7) A new global study _____ that 90 percent of all
large fishes _______ from the world's oceans in the
past half century.
A)has concluded / will disappear
B)concluded / were disappeared
C)was concluded / disappeared
D)has been concluded / were disappearing
E)concludes / have disappeared
8) With the Death of a Salesman during the winter of
1949, Arthur Miller _____ to live as a playwright
who _____ one of this century's three great American
dramatists ever since.
A)had begun / would be called
B)was beginning / had been called
C)began / has been called
D)has begun / have called
E)began / has called
9) A central theme that is seen ______ the works of
Derek Walcott, 1992 Nobel Prize winner, is his
search ______ identity.
A)in / off
B)over / about
C)at / about
D)with / of
E)throughout / for
10) Every year, more than 7,000 UK people are
diagnosed ______ malignant melanoma and about 1,700
die ______ it.
A)for / of
B)with / from
C)by / through
D)at / on
E)about / from