Sorularda boş bırakılan yere uygun düşen ifadeyi
1. Quartz is one of the most abundant rock-forming
minerals and the most ____ to weathering.
2. When she referred in her paper to
bio-complexity, many in the audience scratched
their heads and ____ what that word meant.
3. Pollution could one day endanger the worlds ____
4. No model is ever perfect, and scientists are ____
trying to refine their models.
5. The suggestions put forward by the research team
were immediately ____ by management and will shortly
go into effect.
A) made out
B) taken up
C) ruled out
D) put off
E) turned back
6. Various treaties and conferences have ____ the
prohibition of chemical _____
A) looked down
B) put up with
C) turned off
D) filled in
E) dealt with
7. Over two million corn farmers in Mexico have been
____ business following the import of heavily
subsidised corn from the US.
A) put out of
B) brought up to
C) made up for
D) played down to
E) shown up to
8. Whats left of the worlds forest ____ at such a
rate that the remaining tropical rainforests ____ by
the middle of the century.
A) has been logged / is destroyed
B) will be logged / would have been destroyed
C) is being logged / will have been destroyed
D) was being logged / is being destroyed
E) would be logged / were being destroyed
9. The controversy ____ in 1924 by Edwin P. Hubble
who ____ that the great spiral nebula in Andromeda
contained Cepheid variables.
A) was being settled / has found
B) has been settled / finds
C) had been settled / found
D) was settled / found
E) would be settled / will find
10. If space weather forecasters ____ timely
warnings of storms, telecommunications companies
____ to take steps to protect their satellites.
A) could have provided / had been able
B) could have provided / should be able
C) can be providing / will be able
D) can provide / will have been able
E) could provide / would be able