FEN BİLİMLERİ SORULARI VE CEVAPLARI
Sorularda boş bırakılan yere uygun düşen ifadeyi
1. For the chemists of the 18th and 19th centuries,
an understanding of the chemical nature of food was
a major ____ .
2. The green button on the far left of the machine
____ the volume.
3. You should have attended that lecture durability
testing of fibres; it really wa most ____ .
4. His forecast turned out to be ____ accurate
considering how little information he had to work
5. The new engineer is highly knowledgeable, but can
we ____ him to lead the team successfully?
A) run on
B) put on
C) make off
D) take up
E) rely on
6. Many of the lesser developed countries find it
hard to ____ the more developed ones, due to the
rapid advances in technology there.
A) make up for
B) keep up with
C) look out for
D) turn upon
E) run through
7. Many experiments ____ blood composition are
carried out in this laboratory.
A) related to
B) led from
C) followed through
D) contained in
E) denied by
8. This is not a new theory; quite a lot of
scientists ____ on it for several decades.
A) would have worked
B) had worked
C) have been working
D) would work
E) have to work
9. If the equipment ____ us on time, we ____ the
bridge by now.
A) would have reached / could complete
B) reached / had completed
C) reaches / will have completed
D) will reach / can complete
E) had reached / could have completed
10. Unfortunately there was an electricity cut just
as we ____ the new computer.
A) are installing
B) would install
C) have installed
D) were installing
E) will install
11. It is recommended that you wear a helmet in this
part of the plant, but it's up to you; you ____ .
A) have got to
B) will have to
C) shouldn't have
D) need to
E) don't have to
12. ____ a piece of metal is denser than water, it
sinks in water.
A) Because of
13. ____ he was aware of the dangers of this kind of
research, he still continued with the project.
B) Even though
C) So that
14. ____ the semester is over, Dr. Baines will
supervise the sinking of the shaft as it seems
likely that they'll strike oil.
A) In order that
B) As a result
C) If only
E) In case
15. It took him several months to set ____ the
experiment, but results are beginning to come ____
A) up / in
B) off / over
C) in / up
D) over / out
E) back / through
16. Obviously, during the second World War, many
scientists were involved ____ the development of new
17. An honorary degree will be conferred upon the
physicist ____ contributions to energy studies have
proved the most beneficial.
18. Is that the professor ____ received the Nobel
Prize in chemistry?
19. Diary farming has received a lot of coverage in
the media lately, ____ on account of the dry season
____ because of the radiation scare.
A) both / more than
B) more / even so
C) only / also
D) not only / but also
E) such / as well as
20. Thanks to improvements in car design, ____ of
the power produced is wasted in friction ____ was
formerly the case.
A) far less / than
B) as much / as
C) a little / than
D) little / than
E) more / as
21. As regards the decision to modernize the mines
in the region, here is a report which contains ____