1) The Bandera Company now faces stiff _____both
from abroad and from rival companies at home.
2) The west part of our country is ........ and
there are several streams.
3) It's high time you got a(n)........ work, you are
almost forty and still single.
4) We are at present taking ...... steps to update
our industrial units.
5) Although it had been a bad week, the director
thought that commerce was now more ........
6) The mountain climbers were not aware that a
dangerous snowstorm was ........
7) The excitement of the singer ........ her ability
to speak in front of all his fans.
8) Although the wounded girl was unconscious when
she was found, she soon ......
9) Den, could you give me another book. There should
be some more ....... ones in the
10) When I was a little by, my grandmother would
tell me ........ elf stories every night.
11) Fuel lack is the most........ problem of Western
European countries now.
12) At certain ages, many children are very hard to
please or very ........ about the foodstuff they eat
and the dress they wear.
13) There are really just........ ways of ending a
14) You shouldn't go out in those slippers. Put some
........ shoes on.
15) Wellness means accomplishing the best........
health within the limits of our body.
16) It isn't a comfortable hotel, but it is near the
centre of the town and each room has a(n)........
17) Her sister still about the same weight and I'm
18) Christ shares all his earnings with his buddies.
He is so ........
19) The growing of that type of plant in
Asia........ to at least 1850.
A) bring about
B) dates back
C) pull back
D) count on
E) pull down
20) On the one hand John wanted to get married and
......... but on the other he didn't want to
risk his career.
A) come out
B) pass over
C) settle down
D) set about
E) cross out
21) Marketing ........ both physical activities such
as transporting storing and selling products, and a
series of decisions related to any part of the
process of moving products from the producer
to the user.
A) points out
B) asks for
C) consists of
D) prides in
E) keeps off
22) Even though my brother hasn't been eating any
starchy food, he still........ weight.
A) keeps up
B) carries out
C) puts up
D) looks for
E) puts on
23) James ........ his father, but he takes after
his mother in other ways.
A) looks like
B) puts up with
C) runs into
D) keeps up with
E) copes with
24) A few months later, Albert ........ the old man
again in another part of the city.
A) got over .
B) put out
C) left out
D) came across
E) dropped out
25) When I opened the oyster that I found in the
sea, I was ........ the attractiveness of the pearl
A) spread over
B) removed from
C) taken aback
D) put aside
E) surprised at