1) There is a(n)........ about a proposal to build a
new nuclear power station.
A) a comment
B) an accommodation
2) Although the plant looks nice, its berries are
3) I feel sorry of my ....... who travel in heavy
4) There seems to be every ....... that she will
5) In spite of our....... the new secretary has
proved a great success.
6) Long ago, when our ancestors heard the sound
of...... they were often frightened because they
could not understand why these things happened.
7) My father is currently having ....... for a
8) Because of the ....... work on the building had
to be discontinued.
9) Jamie hates sport because he's ......... he's
particularly bad at running.
10) The presenter asked the listeners if they
thought the government should support a(n) ........
on tobacco advertising.
11) The car skidded off the road and fell into a
....... full of muddy water.
12) The quality that makes a picture a(n)..... is
often impossible to define or explain.
13) You should put most ....... into improving your
14) The room has been furnished in a(n)........
showing good taste.
15) If you want to make a good detective, you need
to develop your powers of......
16) They offered him the job on the strength of his
letter. He wasn't even required to have a(n)
17) Mrs. Suzan has wide experience of.........
having previously been head of a large school in
18) Fifty years ago, the ...... of flying to the
moon appeared absurd or ridiculous.
19) It is my ...... that you should take more
20) Our company finds it difficult to .......
products in that part of the world.
21) The people in the queue behind him began to
grumble impatiently at the .........
22) He made a significant contribution to the
country's ...... for independence.
23) The ....... of the crime is in the hands of the
24) it's a tricky problem. I recommend you to
........ an expert.
25) The young man had to face the busy E5 before he
reached the farm and .......