1) If we can see the funny ......... we never make
the mistake of taking ourselves too seriously.
2) Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for a country or
state to be forced to resort to armed conflict to
......... its territory.
3) What makes me feel dismayed is the way .......
hotels are built in natural beauty spots.
4) His job at the airport....... great
5) If people feel that watching television relaxes
them and if they enjoy doing it, then perhaps it is
a(n) ....... pastime.
6) Many women waste vast sums of money each year to
.......... clothes that have hardly been worn.
7) The new technology is necessary to correct the
harmful" effects of....... technology.
8) Most of the people who come here want to know
more about their........
9) It is clear that the better-paid jobs of the
future will ......... . specialized knowledge and
10) Education is truly the future of the country,
but here the n news is not so good for........
11) This year, for the first time, girls made up the
........ of new students.
12) Life is getting very ....... for under-skilled,
13) Computers can never have a(n) .......... of
14) The comments made by men about women's abilities
15) The people of the Pampa continue to offer
a(n)........ threat has ceased to exist in the
16) If your compact disc proves to be ........
please return it to the address on the box.
17) 1 don't think we should seek to excuse
Pamela's ....... behaviour.
18) Respect and any ......... of a person's social
class seem directly related to the weekly pay check.
19) That being able to speak well is an art and a
good speaker is an artist is a(n) ....... saying
20) The dentist made me open my mouth wide to be
able to see my.......... tooth.
21) She was a very ....... little girl who would
like to make up stories.
22) The Kidnapper said he would not release his
victim until the family had paid a(n)......... of 13
23) Suddenly, we were making plans to move into a
big, new house in one of the more ........ suburbs
24) The hotel makes every ......... to ensure the
safety and comfort of guests.
25) I had always been keen on gardening but there
hadn't been much ......... for my talents in the
little patch of grass we had at the front of the