For each of the six questions choose the one correct
1. If life is full of opportunity for you, we say
The world is your ________.
2. The phrase in a nutshell means ________.
a. With difficulty, after great effort.
b. Briefly, without wasting time or words.
c. Leading to a range of possibilities.
d. With hidden meaning.
3. Complete the sentence. The box was as light as
b. a feather
c. a leaf
d. a piece of paper
4. If you are very hungry, we say you could eat a
5. If you give someone the cold shoulder, what do
a. ignore or be unfriendly to someone.
b. massage someone.
c. give someone some frozen meat.
d. injure someone.
6. According to the expression, a well-behaved child
is as good as
b. a flower
d. a bird
IDIOMS 4 answers
a. Correct. Give someone the cold shoulder means
to ignore or be
unfriendly to someone.
a. Correct. A well-behaved child is as good as